Saturday, February 6, 2010

Field of Blades

I welcome you adepts
To this benighted place
Matters not how ye fall
For I rule in this world

The King of Swords, am I
Of ye, I stand highest
Mighty though you may be
To me, be ye weaklings

Look 'round you at my realm
Blighted landscape of hell
By our hands denuded
Heroes of many wars

Endless struggle our lot
We masters of the field
Look 'round ye to the sight
This boundless, parched desert

This realm is for the heroes
For us, endless battle
Each step taken with care
Bladed tombstones abound

This land where rain falls not
Blades as far as eyes see
Each one for those who need
A marker for their deaths

Here is our memento
For our battles cease not
This is the afterlife
Welcome to the Field of Blades.

Creative Commons License
This work by Ronald Mina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment